Shelby Catney was born and raised in the Houston area. She moved to Nacogdoches, Texas to attend Stephen F. Austin State University for her undergraduate studies. Shelby graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice, with a second major in Psychology. She graduated magna cum laude with hopes of moving back home to Houston and attending law school.
Shelby earned her Juris Doctorate at The University of Houston Law Center, in Houston, Texas. During law school, she worked as a law clerk for an environmental nonprofit organization and for a nonprofit hospital in the Medical Center; she also participated in the Student Bar Association.
Shelby joined Johnson Law Group in 2016, focusing on medical device and products liability litigation.
Education and Honors
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Bachelor of Arts, 2009-2013, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Houston Law Center, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2016
- Mass Tort Litigation and Medical Device Litigation
- Focusing on the Transvaginal Mesh Docket
Admissions & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Houston Young Lawyers Association