Alyssa’s practice involves representing plaintiffs in mass tort litigation, ensuring healthcare providers do not violate clients’ rights under HIPAA, and pursuing tort claims on behalf of plaintiffs who have sustained injuries due to defective products.
Areas of Litigation Include:
- Injuries resulting from pharmaceutical companies failing to warn patients of dangerous side effects of medications.
- Injuries related to defective medical devices.
- Injuries sustained due to defective automotive safety features/performance features.
- Cancers resulting from exposure to asbestos.
- Anti-diabetics (Actos, Avandia, Invokana),
- Birth control (Yaz/Yasmin, NuvaRing),
- Anticoagulants (Pradaxa, Xarelto),
- Medical Devices (e.g. metal-on-metal hip implants; transvaginal mesh implants; Mirena IUD),
- Automotive ignition/airbag/other product defects (e.g. General Motor & Chrysler faulty ignition switches; Takata airbag defects).
Alyssa attended law school at the University of Houston, where she graduated cum laude. During law school, Alyssa was very involved in the Board of Advocates, and received numerous awards for national mock trial competitions. While in law school, Alyssa worked for two years at the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. Upon graduation, Alyssa spent some years practicing labor and employment law before joining Johnson Law Group.
Alyssa grew up in Detroit, Michigan, where she also completed her undergraduate studies at Wayne State University, graduating summa cum laude.
- State of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- AAJ (American Association of Justice)
- TYLA (Texas Young Lawyers Association)
- TTLA (Texas Trial Lawyers Association)
- ABA Young Lawyers Division
- Order of the Barristers